The Liebster Blog Award
I am shocked and thrilled to be nominated for my third blog award, it’s so exciting!! The lovely http://khmazzola124.wordpress.com nominated me and I am only too glad to accept the Liebster Blog Award from her, she has an amazing blog with awesome short stories and poetry. Her writing is unique and inspiring, I feel very humbled to have been chosen by her. Thank you Kristen!
As with all blog awards there are several rules – they are:
1. Accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of your post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blog sites.
4. Notify the bloggers of their award.
5.Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
6. Answer the questions left for you by the blogger who gave you the award.
So here are 11 random facts about me. . . 😉
1. My name is Becky Cross, everyone knows me as Becky/Bex. However not many people know that my full name is Rebecca Anne Askedal Threlfall Cross. Good job I don’t have a lisp!
2. I have two layers of nail which grow on both my big toes, instead of one – ewwie I know!
3. My birth sign is Virgo and my rising sign is Scorpio. I’m not sure if that is a good or a bad combination. . .
4. I love the moon – you may already know that if you’ve read any of my poems!
5. I am 5 foot, 8 inches tall but only take size 5 in shoes. All the best dancers have small feet though!
6. When I’m not in gardening gear I live in joggers and hoodies. My resolution for the summer is to wear more skirts and dresses!
7. I haven’t been in a relationship for 8 months and am loving life being single (that doesn’t mean I’m not open to offers however. . . 😉
8. Gingersnut is my nickname, given to me by my best friend, for obvious reasons!
9. I love chick flicks, especially the whole Sex & the City series. And the Bridget Jones films, the Princess Diaries, Bride Wars, Mean Girls, How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days. . . you get the idea!
10. I am terrible for playing practical jokes on people. I grew up with two older brothers who forever played tricks on me but I always gave as good as I got. Just don’t come anywhere near me on April Fool’s Day!
11. I stretch every day, my own combination of yoga, dance and gymnastic stretches. Hence another nickname is Bendy Becky!
These are the bloggers I wish to nominate for the Liebster Award. Most of them are people I have known since I started doing NaPoWriMo who have been very supportive and encouraging of my blog in a short space of time. Do check them all out, they are well worth a read! 🙂
Here are the questions I have to answer!
1. What without fail always makes you laugh? My best friend, definitely, and any of my cats. Pretty much anything can make me laugh if it’s funny enough!
2. What is your favourite adaptation of a book to a movie? The Hobbit. It may not have followed the story exactly but it was a fantastic interpretation nonetheless.
3. Why did you start your blog? The main reason for starting This and That was to share my writing and photography with the world to see if it appealed to a wider audience and not just my friends and family. Now I’ve been blogging for a year it’s become much more than that, it’s a journal for my Eden life and somewhere I can network and connect with other writers/poets/photographers and be inspired by them too. In short, start a blog! It’s awesome once you get going 🙂
4. What moment did you realize you enjoyed your job or that you were good at your job? The first job I had in horticulture was on my local garden nursery, I started when I was 14 and stayed there for 5 years because I enjoyed it so much! Now I am working in a much bigger horticultural attraction I am loving it even more. I can’t ever remembering not loving plants!
5. Do you have any poem committed to memory? If so, what is it? Yes, although they are highly personal to me so I doubt I would ever feel comfortable sharing them with the world.
6. What song defines your life? Ah this is such a hard one! I can’t choose as it depends entirely what mood I’m in. Right this second it would be “Primavera” by Ludovico Einaudi.
7. What is your first memory? Music. My Mum was a musician and always sings round the family home, even to this day.
8. What colour comes to mind right now? Blue.
9. Do you people that we all have a bigger purpose? If so, what do you think yours is? I like to think so. Sometimes when I see what humans are doing to the world it’s hard to imagine there is a greater purpose for us but I never stop believing.
10. What time of day do you like to write? Any time! I write whenever I feel inspired which is a lot of the time. I carry a notebook around with me in the day, filled with scribblings that I edit on my computer when I have unlimited time, which is usually in the evenings.
11. Are you happy right now? Yes! I’m writing so how could I not be?!
Now here are my questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What’s your favourite time of year and why?
3. Do you have any unusual ways of curing writer’s block and if so what are they?
4. If you follow my blog why did you start following it?
5. Who is the most important person in your life?
6. Where do you live and what do you live in?
7. Are you a Facebook fanatic?
8. Can you dance?
9. What are 3 things you couldn’t live without?
10. Who is the one person you would love to meet, from the past, present or even the future, and why?
11. What do you do on a typical Friday night?